Monday, April 11, 2011

Why Can't You Want Me Like The Other Boys Do?

Flight Facilities' "Crave You" is one of the sexiest songs I've heard in a long time.  Try to keep your clothes on people...



This track has been around for a little while now, but only recently found it's way into my DJ sets.  It's always the song that brings people up to my turntables begging, "Please, I need to know who this is!"

Let's just start with the lyrics.  Giselle Rosselli's seductively casual vocals deliver a candid "I want you" longing that can heat up any room, making this the perfect addition to your make-out playlist.  And oh, when that beat kicks in... Every time I listen to this song my heart jumps in anticipation of that warm sultry pulse, an aphrodisiac of a rhythm.  Consider this the chilled-out flirty update to Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me." 

It's definitely worth your while to dig into the countless remixes as well.  The C90s' driving rework is a favorite.

The anonymous DJ duo known as Flight Facilities are rumored to hail from Sydney, Australia, though their music possesses a definitive Euro-vibe in my opinion.  While "Crave" is their first original piece, it is their remix ability that first turned heads.  They've reworked tunes from Bag Raiders, The C90s, Lowbrows, Toecutter, and more. 

Love the subtle disco vibe they put on Cut Copy:

"Take Me Over (Flight Facilities Remix)" - Cut Copy


You can find more goods from Flight Facilities as well as other freebies on their label's website Bang Gang 12 Inches.  I could comment on the name of that label, but I'm going to let it slide because they have such a wicked roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment