Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh Earl...

Maybe I'm behind the ball on this one, but oh my.  Earl, you are one sassy hip hopper.  Despite how disturbed and offended I think I should be, your beats are so fresh.  I can't stop listening to this song...oh, and the video.


Sure he's got some anger issues, but he's only 17, and youth angst is to be expected.  (It's rumored that Earl Sweatshirt is currently "doing time" in boot camp, where his mom sent him after hearing his music). Once you get beyond the shock factor, there is actually some wicked production on this album.  Very old school meets new school, but totally non-formulaic.  Check out Luper.

If you're as intrigued as I am and want to hear more, you can download the album for yourself:  http://oddfuture.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment