Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Merci SebastiAn

SebastiAn's latest full length, Total (Ed Banger Records), is undeniable.  That thick, brash, in-your-face garage electro house is unexpected, but very welcome.  A full 23 tracks to get your groove on.  And there's something for everyone.  From the lighter nu-disco Breakbot-esque funk songs like "Arabest," to the heavier wtf-just-happened-and-where-are-my-pants tracks like "C.T.F.O" aka Chill The Fuck Out featuring the one and only M.I.A.

The album's first single, "Embody," falls in the middle ground, leaning a bit toward the lighter side.  Can't get enough of this video.  I dare you to tell me you don't want to dance and/or play a mean game of Sudoku.


What I really love about Total is that cohesive quality.  This album has a clear voice and it's saying "fuck yeah, I'm here to stay bitches."  It's a genuine French creation - industrial, edgy house with a tongue-in-cheek sensibility.  Pushing the boundaries of electronic music, SebastiAn is only going up from here.

My absolute favorite on the album has to be the collaboration with Mayer Hawthorne called "Love In Motion."  Helloooo Prince...




Simply amazing.  The more I listen to this album, the more I hear.  

Merci SebastiAn.  I forgive you for that punctuAtion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment